Memo to Patients Regarding COVID-19
Virtual and In-Office Consultations Available
As dedicated health care professionals, infection control has always been a top priority at Lakeside Implant & Oral Surgery. Our team strictly adheres to, and exceeds, the standards for infection control. We want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the local health and government officials. We closely follow the activities and guidance of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, specifically around COVID-19. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more.
We have made some changes to some of our patient interaction procedures in our office. Although some of these changes are cumbersome and extensive and make your experience with our team less “welcoming” or “homey” than we desire, it is the best way to ensure patient and staff safety at this time. Please read the below carefully to ensure you are properly prepared for our appointment with our team:
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT / PRIOR TO AN APPOINTMENT
- We will conduct several COVID-19 screenings:
- Our office will review some COVID-19 pre-screening questions on the phone
- Patients will also be required to fill out the COVID-19 screening questionnaire in the pre-registration paperwork posted on our website
- For surgery appointments, patients will be required to re-complete the COVID-19 questions under “COVID-19” on our website (it is not required to fill out the entire registration packet again – we will just need the one page COVID-19 specific questions)
- If you answer YES to any of the COVID-19 questions, you will be required to reschedule your appointment for 2 weeks
- You will be required to fill out an online Patient Registration, HIPPA Consent, and Insurance Disclaimer (all links can be found on our website)
- You will be asked to provide an electronic copy of your driver’s license and insurance card prior to the appointment to limit the amount of duplication interaction
ARRIVING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- You are required to call or text our office upon arrival to our office (704.659.6765) for your appointment, as a team member will provide guidance on when to enter the suite
- A team member will take your temperature at the facility prior to your appointment
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed
- Payment will be collected via phone, when possible. We will be limiting the exchange of cash or exchange of credit cards
- If you are arriving for a sedation surgery, a staff member will obtain the contact information for your desired pharmacy (name, address, phone number) so medications, if required, can be electronically sent to your pharmacy of choice
- We are limiting the number of guests permitted in our suite, so we appreciate your support in limiting the number of guests accompanying you to your appointment to only those who are essential for the visit:
- If you are a patient with a sedation surgery, we request all drivers remain in the car and our team will keep in close contact with you throughout the surgery
- If you are a minor, a guardian is permitted in the suite with you
- If you are a parent with children, we ask that you reschedule your appointment for a time when you are able to attend the appointment alone. Or, we highly recommend a video conference appointment. If neither of these are possible, please advise our staff and we will make accommodations accordingly
- If you are arriving for a consultation and would like another guest to participate in the consultation with you, please inform our office team member accordingly
- If you are arriving for a surgery requiring a driver, a team member will obtain the name and number for your driver, make/model/color of the car he/she is driving, and parking location. The driver MUST remain in the parking lot the ENTIRE time of your procedure. The staff will call your driver once your surgery is completed.
- If you have a surgery requiring a driver, a staff member will walk you to your car and will go over post-operative care instructions with the driver
- If you have a surgery requiring a driver, we ask that your driver wear a mask when driving you home
- The intent is to have you swiftly taken to the back of the office for your surgery. However, if you are required to spend a few minutes in the waiting room, we ask that you sit in one of the two chairs covered in plastic
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and reduce the number of patients in the common areas of the suite at any one time
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, complimentary drinks, etc since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- In an effort to limit the number of patients entering the surgical suite, we will be offering video conferencing for some consults. Although this is not a preferred means for executing a truly personable experience, this may be the best way to execute the needs of the consult while maximizing patient and staff safety. If a video conference is desired by the patient or highly recommended by the staff, please see “Video Conferencing” tab on our website for further instruction
The safety of our staff and patients is a priority. We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming our patients, neighbors and friends into our work home.
Stay healthy & safe!!!!
Dr. Pete & The Lakeside Implant & Oral Surgery Team
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: