Financing Your Care
In our office, we offer high quality care and payment options that work for all of our patients. We are committed to working with you to file your claims with your insurance company.
Dental Insurance Plans for which we will gladly work with you to file your claims:
- Delta Dental
- Lincoln Financial
- United Healthcare
- Cash, Check or Credit Card
- CareCredit: You can apply online (www.carecredit.com). Or, our staff will gladly assist you in setting up this payment service. Please feel free to contact us or stop in for personal assistance.
Please note: Payment is due at the time of service.
As a courtesy to you, we will bill your insurance company and track claims. It is your responsibility to keep our office informed of any changes to your insurance plan. You are responsible for the fees charged by our office, no matter what your insurance coverage may be. Most insurance companies should respond to the claim within four to six weeks. Any remaining cost is your responsibility.
Please note: Insurance policies are owned by each respective patient (or guardian). Hence, all patients are personally responsible for understanding his/her own insurance plans and coverage in detail. This is not the responsibility of Lakeside Implant & Oral Surgery. Our team is committed to collaborating with insurance companies to better understand the respective policy coverage, as it pertains to the respective treatment plan proposed. However, these are preliminary and complimentary services. It is ultimately the responsibility of the patient to understand his or her policy and coverage. Please note the following:
- The treatment plan presented is an ESTIMATE based on a verbal discussion with your insurance company on the date verified. It is NOT an authorization, a pre-treatment estimate nor a guarantee of eligibility, benefits or payment by your insurance company.
- This ESTIMATE will not reflect any claims from your general dentist or other dental specialists that have not yet been billed to your insurance provider.
- Pre-treatments, although formally provided by your insurance company, are ESTIMATES. Nothing is guaranteed until services are complete and all claims are formally reviewed post treatment by the insurance company.
- Benefit amounts may be subject to the dentist’s participation status and procedures are subject to professional review by the insurance company once the formal claim is submitted.
- Predetermination of benefits is recommended for procedures in excess of $300.
- It is important to note that insurance companies have multiple plans, each of which have numerous disclaimers, that may or may not be disclosed to our staff when we are obtaining your preliminary benefit information via phone, fax, email, etc. Some of these disclaimers could pertain to, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maximum met
- Waiting periods
- Missing tooth clause
- Anesthesia guidelines
- Downgrading of codes/services (which also impacts other procedure coverage)
- Nitrous coverage
- Implant coverage
- Same day consult and extraction guidelines
- Insurance companies may downgrade codes, of which most of times our surgical and professional expertise disagrees. However, if these codes are downgraded based on the review of the insurance company, this could heavily impact the overall financial breakdown of the patient vs insurance company. This possible downgrade could also impact other procedure code coverage for complimentary procedures required for which the patient may become responsible.
- Once all payments have been made by your insurance company, the balance on the account is the full responsibility of the patient.
- We will calculate an estimate of patient responsibility based on the patient’s respective insurance plan. We require patient payment in full at the time of the procedure.
- If there is a credit on your account of payment by your insurance company, you will be provided a refund accordingly. This refund will only be provided after your account is fully closed with all insurance dental and/or medical providers.
- There are other disclaimers not laid out in the enclosed for which our office is not responsible.
We are here to help! Please call for more information about financing your oral health needs in our office!